Thursday, June 3, 2010

Weaves/Wigs/Extensions/Whateveryouwanttocallthem

Hey guys.

Okay I see a lot of "oh why are you wearing a weave/wig??" "your hair is so long blah blah blah" "oh you have nice hairr why are you wearing a weave?" around. And I just want to add my 2 cents. Any girl who wears a weave / wig because she feels it makes her prettier or something like that should please see a therapist. Other than that wearing a weave / wig is fine. They are fun. They look nice. They give you a different look. ARGH. Right now i have curly hair.And my hair isn't naturally curly so it looks DIFFERENT. I didn't get this hair because I feel ugly when I have my own hair. I just wanted a change. Alsoooo my hair is damaged and I'm trying to keep it protected for a bit. Sooooo that might be another reason why someone might choose to wear a weave. I think its the "your hair is long why are you wearing a weave" that really annoys me. So what if I got a short weave? Would that matter? I know I speak for a million and one girls who always get questions about why they are wearing a weave. Maaayybee your hair is natural and you want a break. Maaayyyybeeeeee you don't have time for your hair so you want to give it a break. Maaayyybbeee you just want a change. There are a million and one reasons as to why someone would wear a weave aside from "looking pretty" oorr "having long hair" ooorr "having low self esteem" come on ppl its 2010 at least girls are not pretending that the weaves are their natural hair. Another thing is that people assume that once you are wearing a wig/weave then your hair must be nonexistent.... -_-... Have a nice day.

This isn't targeted at anyone in particular just a general rant because I know plenty girls get asked... "Why are you wearing a weave" *stank face*

1 comment:

  1. Yea, it really annoys me too..ah me peh u want me to be washing. straightening, curling etc etc my hair all d time? mchew..u dunno dat i'm a student? or how about bcos goin to d salon for just a wash and set is $40, and my father doesnt own a bank so i cant be doing dat shit every week..how abt dat? if i pay $125 for a weave dat last 5 weeks isnt it better..and then i dun necessarily hav to worry abt thnks like scarfing my hair before i sleep and so on n so forth, how abt dat? eh? mchew..ppl jus dey bore..its dat sort of ignorance *stank face* dat bothers me.
    oh and another thing, i thnk guys who go on and on abt grls n weaves and how they dun like it shd all shut their faces. they dun have hair, all they have to do is pass some water n soap over their bald heads every tym they bath.. infact they can even use key soap for their hair and nufin will happen..so ya they shd shut their faces...grls dun get weaves so guys will thnk they are hot, there are other factors as well. *Obama face boi!*

    mmm..dat felt gud..sweet release.. tanx sham!

    ReplyDelete