Monday, May 17, 2010

Neutral(ish) Gold&Black // Red Lip

So I decided to do something more toned down-- a gold and black eye, but it was looking too boring so I decided to spice it up with some red lipstick. I would probably do these eyes if i wanted to wear a red lip or any other bright overwhelming colour on my face. Its usually better to wear neutral colours on your eyes if you want to do a bright lip. You can also wear this eyeshadow if you feel like the colours in your clothes are overpowering and you don't want to look like a clown. Or if you just want to look "natural":)



This was what i put on first-- the gold colour





This is how I put on the black-- on the outer corners.




I put a nice shiny gold colour on the inner corners and a black colour on the outer corners. Because the colours were pretty neutral, i decided to thicken my eyeliner (make the line darker) and I drew a little wing in the corners. I just wanted to spice it up a bit. You can use this look if you are going somewhere a bit more formal or when you feel like looking grown :) because it isn't loud at all. Very classy. I blended both colours together with another shade of gold or tan (it doesn't have a name). I don't recommend blending with the same colour that you are using for the inner corner/outer corner. Also, you should highlight your brow bone (if you want the eyeshadow to go that high) with a different eyeshadow or else it would look like one big blob of eyeshadow.








For the lips, I actually used a matte lipstick because I wanted that look, but there are various types of red lipsticks/ lip glosses etc that you can use. There are also different shades of red you can use as well. I covered my entire lip with a bit of my loose powder, and then I lined them lightly with a brown pencil. After that, I put on about 2 coats of the lipstick. The red lip is not a must for this eyeshadow. feel free to use any lip gloss you please. But this is just another idea for eyeshadow incase you need some inspiration or are tired of your usual look. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment