Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cheetah/Leopard Print Nails

I'm sure you can tell how bored i am :/ This post is about naiillss. I finally did the leopard/cheetah print nails. I have always wanted to do them but I thought they would look too loud but they look okay cos I used pink.

 It took a long time to do because it was difficult to do the print on my right hand. I need some practice. Buuut apart from that, its a pretty easy design to do. I used about 3 coats of the light pink polish and then made the dots on top with my darker pink. After that, I outlined the dots with blue polish. I think it would look better with black but I cant find my black polish, so the blue would have to do for now. My left hand looks way better than my right for obvious reasons :) but its not so bad. For the outline, I didn't outline the whole dot, just about 3 sections, otherwise it would just look like outlined circles instead of a leopard print. This pattern will work with any colour and I think its cute :) you need alot of patience though. If you can't do the right hand, you can get someone to help you out. With the dots, some people like smaller dots but I made them quite big mainly because I was lazy and this is my first time so I didn't want to OD on the cheetah.

So this is how I did the dots. I just randomly placed them on my nail with the regular nail polish brush. On some fingers i put 3 and on some i put 4.

Another thing you can do is draw the outlines before you dot them but I don't know if that would be easier, I will try that next time i do this pattern. Don't forget your top coat, it will probably make the nails last for like a week.  And don't worry if you make a mistake, you can just dot it and make it a circle instead of having to take it all off and starting again.

Oh p.s I used forever 21 nail polish which i bought for about $1.30 or something and its not so bad. It doesn't dry as fast as I would like, but it isn't so bad. Its the pale pink colour which is soo nicee so im happy I got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment